Sunday, July 3, 2016

CHURCH

I know that I should be doing my June post ( and I will soon) but I had such a strong feeling that I needed to write this post first. Yes the title is church; and I am very grateful for church today. I am generally happy to be at church. Today was exceptionally wonderful.

Our first order of the day was the release of our Bishop and his councillors. They have been wonderful leaders of our congregation. They are examples of true disciples of Christ. Thank you Bishop Wentzell for all of your sacrifices for us, and especially the spiritual giant that you have been to us all. You have inspired us so much to be better people. ( Thank you too to your wife and children for sharing you with us all)Likewise thank you to those who have served with you...Pat Hunt, Greg Wentzell, and Levi Cattin. Your examples are powerful.
Our new Bishop Levi Cattin has been called from God to serve here in Halifax. It is no accident that he moved here 8 months ago from Australia. It is amazing to see the workings of the Lord in the calling of those to lead on the earth. Chad Quist and Kyle Nield will be excellent councillors.

So following these calls we had the administration of the Sacrament and how grateful I am for this each week. As I listened to the Sacrament prayers I was reminded of the amazing Sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for each of us. It overwhelms me that I am important to him, but I certainly felt of his Love as I renewed my covenants today. Testimonies followed and ...more oil in my lamp.

Sunday school was great today...I love how Pat Hunt teaches...and the discussion was so good. We talked about what made us true converts to the Lord and I was uplifted and inspired. So many great ideas shared.

Relief Society ended the morning, and as often the case was the icing on the cake. Monica Smith is a fabulous teacher and she led a wonderful class on Homes of Order. She made me truly reflect on how important my role is within the home. How grateful I was once again to have the home that I do, my fabulous family, and my dear friends.

I just reread this and sadly I haven't been able to quote any great statements that made today what it was. It was just a very good feel day at church. Wonderful conversations with many good people. It was a reminder that God lives and loves me. It was a strength to my testimony of Jesus Christ. I know that he lives today. That he once lived on the earth, that he set the example of who we should be, and above all that he willingly sacrificed his life to atone for our many shortcomings. No matter what church you might attend, or if you don't even attend I hope that you know that you are a son or daughter of God, and he loves you.

I liked this little thought too....Normal is just a setting on the dryer!

Have a wonderful Sunday, and a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment