Sunday, May 17, 2015

Got to write

I have at least five other things that I could....should be doing.....but yes blog....I`m still writing. Today has been a wonderful Sunday. Actually Saturday was pretty amazing too....just another fabulous day at the Temple....dinner out with Bill...and a great night of sleep.
Now Sunday....Sacrament meeting was a feast...uplifting music, and three excellent talks on the great Plan of Salvation. Thank you Peter, Ashley, and Greg. Above all it reminded me of how fortunate I am to have received the knowledge...or even better the true map to return to my Father and Mother in Heaven. I will state here that I believe...I know that I lived once with my Heavenly parents. I was given the choice to follow the Savior`s plan or Satan`s plan. I know who I followed and I`m trying hard to keep my footsteps right behind Him.

My Sunday school lesson followed and while I won`t critique my own teaching....the lesson was a joy to teach and the class discussion was an uplift!! We talked about the Savior`s teaching on how we inherit  Eternal Life. We learn a lot from the writings of Mark and Luke. The following were the prime statements of the lesson....
1.Trusting in riches can keep a person out of the kingdom of God.
2.Seek heavenly, rather than earthly , treasures
3.Followers of Christ must be willing to forsake all to be true disciples.
4. Seek spiritual wealth with enthusiasm and energy.
I have been inspired today.....

And then I went to Relief Society ....and what a grand way to end my time at church. Sweet Krista Smith inspired us on the topic...Book of Mormon. Well done Krista...love your teaching !!! How I love this wonderful book. It is a collection of writings from ancient American prophets to US...yes it was written for our day. It truly testifies of Jesus Christ. Quoting from the lesson`

The Book of Mormon … was written for our day. The Nephites never had the book; neither did the Lamanites of ancient times. It was meant for us. Mormon wrote near the end of the Nephite civilization. Under the inspiration of God, who sees all things from the beginning, he abridged centuries of records, choosing the stories, speeches, and events that would be most helpful to us.

Each of the major writers of the Book of Mormon testified that he wrote for future generations. … If they saw our day and chose those things which would be of greatest worth to us, is not that how we should study the Book of Mormon? We should constantly ask ourselves, “Why did the Lord inspire Mormon (or Moroni or Alma) to include that in his record? What lesson can I learn from that to help me live in this day and age?”

I could quote so much more from this lesson. I have been reading my Book of Mormon ( again) since January and I have had some wonderful experiences with this reading....quoting again from the lesson....

As we study the Book of Mormon daily, the power of the book will flow into our lives.

It is not just that the Book of Mormon teaches us truth, though it indeed does that. It is not just that the Book of Mormon bears testimony of Christ, though it indeed does that, too. But there is something more. There is a power in the book which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book. You will find greater power to resist temptation. You will find the power to avoid deception. You will find the power to stay on the strait and narrow path. The scriptures are called “the words of life” (D&C 84:85), and nowhere is that more true than it is of the Book of Mormon. When you begin to hunger and thirst after those words, you will find life in greater and greater abundance.

I want everyone that I know to read this great book. I will get you a book just ask.....I will tell you that it is true....but you can find out for yourself...God promises us when he says...

Men may deceive each other, but God does not deceive men. Therefore, the Book of Mormon sets forth the best test for determining its truthfulness—namely, read it and then ask God if it is true [see Moroni 10:4]. 

 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

I love the Savior....

and here are today`s saved photos....

My baking buddy and so much more...
 

My quilting buddies and so much more



 

 

 Our precious Sophia
 


 A crazy day with Olivia
 

 

What Mommy is letting me feed myself...avocado







 


Oh how I love all of her daily photos

Look who is a little weary.....

 

Happy 7 month birthday Sophia








 Hurry home to Nova Scotia pretty baby




1 comment:

  1. My goodness Jackie... your grandchildren are adorable... ;-)

    I'm getting a lot of pictures text to me from Andrea... I might have to put some of those pictures up ♡

    I really enjoyed Krista's lesson too... she's pretty inspiring with her sweet spirit ♡

    ReplyDelete