Friday, October 3, 2014

Welcome precious baby girl- Sophia May Dunford

Written on October 1st, 2014




Hello my precious little girl. I am writing to you as you make your journey here to earth. I get so emotional thinking of you packing for this journey. ( packed full of information) How hard  it must be to say so your good byes to your Heavenly parents.

I thought that I would write you a little welcome letter, from Grandma Jackie. I was so excited to hear of your coming. Your mommy found lots of fun ways to announce your coming.  ( mine was with a family tree )She made me keep it a secret and I got to share the news with the rest of the O'Hearon family in Nova Scotia. Everyone was so happy to get the news. Your mommy came home for visit to Halifax in May, so we got to celebrate more about you with a wonderful family and friends shower. You got so many wonderful gifts. You will look beyond adorable. Your little bump was absolutely beautiful.

Your mom started a sweet adorable blog for you which makes me smile. You have truly been with us from day one!!! You will love all of the interesting fruits and vegetables that your mommy posted on her blog to compare your size.

I decided that I would have to be here in Calgary to welcome you. ( not really invited...it was just assumed) Mommy had this feeling that you might show up early but with all of her running rocking you so contently you fooled her and yes you're considered late. ( due Sept 20-.26th and it's now Oct.1st) However to quote a character from  The Lord of the Rings novel....
" A baby is neither early or late but comes when it is meant to"- Gandalf

Well, baby girl....this grandma does not like to be late for anything, so I came on Sept.16th and have had lots of time with your mommy and daddy. We've walked lots, visited with your midwife, went shopping, had a pedicure; saw a movie...Mazerunner; went to the bird sanctuary, had lots of frozen yogurt ( hope you like it ); pizza on Mondays,Slurpee times; mommy took me to Starbucks for spiced caramel apple cider ( oh so yummy), your dad introduced me to chess and a very interesting novel called Homeland by RA Salvatore, we went to church and guess what I even had make up done at Mac. That last one might sound silly but this grandma hardly ever has worn makeup. Long ago when I tried the perfumes in it used to make me sick ( headaches). However, I was willing to try, and baby girl it was fun!!! ( Just don't think you need much makeup when you're older because you already came beautiful !!)

I wonder what you will look like. Both your mommy and daddy were very cute babies/toddlers. I wonder if you'll have blond hair like a few of your cousins and curls too! Hopefully you'll get those blue eyes of your dad and your mom's happy smile and personality. I made your mom a blanket once and when I asked your mom if she had a nickname that she wanted on it she said 'HAPPY'. That really says what kind of baby your mom was. Your mom was my last baby,; and we waited six years for her to join us...so we know HAPPY!

So baby girl this is my welcome to you. You are coming to a very loving righteous home. Your parents love you so much already and have testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ, as do I . You have many members of the Church of Jesus Christ throughout both sides of your family. We know that you are a Child of God, sent here to receive a body and to travel the journey called life. We will watch over you, teach you and love you beyond words!!

Even though miles will prevent me from seeing you as often as I would like, I will love you forever, and visit with you , and you will come for grandma sleepovers lots. Take care precious little one.




 




 




It is now October 2nd .....and HOORAY you've arrived

Sophia May Dunford made her grand entrance at 5:25 pm at the Rocky View Hospital.
Mommy and Daddy are beyond the word excited to have you here. Mommy was awesome in her part of your arrival and Daddy was just totally smitten.
You are pure perfection, happy and healthy weighing in at 
8 lbs.9oz. and 21.25 in. long.




Lots of Love Grandma Jackie














No comments:

Post a Comment