Tuesday, September 30, 2014

To be or not to be


I copied this quote the other day from Pinterest and it has kind of haunted me.
Sometimes when I blog it helps me with that haunting feeling.
Of course my first thought was of my own mother. This quote certainly describes her. Oh how I love my Mom. What a rich memory she has left with me.

Being a mother is the greatest calling ever. It is indeed a calling, to be entrusted with such precious children from my Heavenly Father.
It is also one of the most joyful and challenging experiences ever....now don't react...I love being a mother (and wife) more than anything ever....but.....I also get sad so often being a mother  because I just don't feel like I do the best job.
Sure...I have ( with Bill) raised four incredible, talented , successful children. I must have done a few things right.
I think what makes me falter is seeing my children face challenges and like the mother in me, I take it personally....thinking that I didn't prepare them enough.

One of the hardest things about being a Mom is letting your children grow up and leave you. It all just seems to happen over night. Maybe it's being here with Laura close to the moment when she will become a Mom....I just know that her life will never be the same. She'll be the mommy...she'll love her little girl ( she already does so much) and one minute she'll be thinking Baby will never...sleep, eat, talk, walk, and so much more and then it will be .....look at my beautiful girl....oh so talented, energetic, social, ....what....my baby is  in love....she's going to be a mommy.

We're always Mothers and we make mistakes. Sometimes we do things that drive you crazy, sometimes we do too much for you, sometimes we try to solve your problems, and other times we just don't understand.

I guess I needed to just to remind myself that I'm human and I am who I am. I am deeply deeply grateful for the trust given me to be a mother.
Thank you Michael, Kathy, Karen, and Laura
You made my task one of great joy, and amazing adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment