Friday, September 26, 2014

WAITING AND WALKING





I'm enjoying my visit here with Laura and Jeremy. I came here a little over a week ago, most especially then so as not to miss the arrival of baby girl.  I think that someone neglected to send her an invite....so we're just hanging around waiting for the guest of honor. Enough said about waiting....my heart hurts for Laura and Jeremy because they are super excited to meet her, and become a family of three. 

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying doing errands with Laura, reading, and helping wherever I can. I am also back on the walking routine. (HOORAY) Some of it has been to explore and give Laura a break from my pretty face. The rest has been to walk that baby out as Laura and I walk together. This city has some wonderful parks and trails...1000s actually. Laura lives near Nose Hill Park which was our first hike; we also went to Confluence Park for a second hike......well I hiked,and she ran her last 5K ( no comment on that ); and today we went to Weaselhead Park. Each park is a a maze of trails and beautiful countryside. Great to see smack in the middle of a very busy city....and you don't notice the city hardly at all as you hit these beautiful trails.

 I think today's hike was my favorite, especially when Laura took me off the main trail to a precious resting spot full of bird feeders, nice benches and the sweetest chickadees that you'd ever see. They watch you and when you're really still and holding seeds on your person for them (hands and my shoulders), they land and nibble. It was a glorious hike. It rained as we started, but then the sun burst out from behind the clouds and we exited the park with blue skies abounding, and oh yes, fortunately free from meeting any bears.


the view from Nosehill Park
Running in Confluence Park


Confluence Rock





Weaselhead Park




More walking and waiting tomorrow....maybe
35.74km since I arrived






No comments:

Post a Comment