Tuesday, September 15, 2015

It's a Bird day


Isn't this the cutest little bird. Yes, it is a timer too. A few weeks ago a Wellness Fair was held by our church. I was not able to attend because of my commitment to serve at the Temple that day. A very dear friend of mine showed up at my door that night ( with the keynote speaker with her!! oh yes) and she brought me this little bird. ( and other gems of knowledge from the fair)
Now....the little bird was something that she knew that I needed. Each day ( I was told) I need to set the timer and allow myself some bird time. What is bird time...it's my time...to do whatever I want to do....uninterrupted. I set the timer and no one gets me.If someone tries I say...sorry I'm in bird time. 

So today I'm having a major bird day!!! I was supposed to be getting some health tests done and they were postponed this morning. That's when the little bird chirped and I'm having a great day. I rolled over and read for awhile, and fell back to sleep.
When I got up I made a delicious breakfast smoothie ( thanks Connie), smashed an avocado for my bagel, and continued to read for a while. 
I may do some laundry, and even cook some dinner....but today is mine and I'm loving it.

By the way, the book I'm reading is one that I've waited for at the library for awhile. It's a memoir by Plum Johnson, called They Left Us Everything
It is a funny,and heartfelt tale of saying goodbye, and about what Parents Leave Behind.
It has been tender.
While I've been through some of this with the passing of both of my parents, it has reminded me that someday I will be that parent. You're in for fun kids!!!
My memoir will be entitled ....Where do we begin!!
Trust me kids....I'm thinking about more big time purging.
Got to run.....a feel another chapter calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment