Sunday, February 23, 2014

CHEESE




I love photos. I take way too many....but I will not stop. I love receiving them from my family....and I never get enough....The past week has been a heavy one on my heart with the passing and burial of Aunt May. Family gathered ( which is always such a support and reminds us of many past memories), and Aunt May received a grand farewell. I visited the cemetery today for my own final goodbye, and was reminded of what a choice privilege I had to spend time with this grand lady. She's buried not far from my parents, and while cemetery visiting isn't something that I do often, it was a quiet reflective time.

I served at the Temple yesterday, and it was such an uplifting time. It was wonderful to see so many friends at the Temple and to do the eternal work for many that have left this world. I had some visits after the Temple with some friends and family....then headed to bed early !

Church today was as beautiful as the sunshine outside. A perfect day. Sacrament talks were about following the prophet. This is something that is very dear to my heart. It is one of my favorite things about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so comforting to know that God has once again called prophets to the earth. Thomas S. Monson speaks for the Lord today. Our speakers today were inspiring. The musical number, Feed My Sheep was so wonderful. Thank you Hodder family and Noah Worth for inviting the Spirit to our meeting. The rest of church was great too....I'm a happy Latter-day Saint!!

Bill cooked a great dinner, and surprised me with a yummy ice cream sundae. I am blessed.

Now the rest of my memories are photos....which in writing this....I'm reminded that my spectacular Visiting teachers also visited this week. Not only did they bring a grand message but part three of my 12 gifts for Christ. In March I will be pondering the importance of Remembering the Savior. With my March assignment I was given the talk; "O Remember, Remember" by President Henry B.Eyring ( November 2007 Ensign).
Now....right from the beginning....the title I knew that this was written to me...I will be studying it lots... I like this opening thought that Bro.Eyring shared

When our children were very small, I started to write down a few things about what happened every day. Let me tell you how that got started. I came home late from a Church assignment. It was after dark. My father-in-law, who lived near us, surprised me as I walked toward the front door of my house. He was carrying a load of pipes over his shoulder, walking very fast and dressed in his work clothes. I knew that he had been building a system to pump water from a stream below us up to our property.
He smiled, spoke softly, and then rushed past me into the darkness to go on with his work. I took a few steps toward the house, thinking of what he was doing for us, and just as I got to the door, I heard in my mind—not in my own voice—these words: “I’m not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down.”
I went inside. I didn’t go to bed. Although I was tired, I took out some paper and began to write. And as I did, I understood the message I had heard in my mind. I was supposed to record for my children to read, someday in the future, how I had seen the hand of God blessing our family. Grandpa didn’t have to do what he was doing for us. He could have had someone else do it or not have done it at all. But he was serving us, his family, in the way covenant disciples of Jesus Christ always do. I knew that was true. And so I wrote it down, so that my children could have the memory someday when they would need it.

Thanks Monica and Samantha for watching over me.

Okay...photos.....
                         

CHEERS TO LIFE AND GRAND SMOOTHIES
                      

                        
                            

                         
OH MY SWEET OLIVIA


                      


  JUST HANGING OUT IN MY DOILIES
                           

                         
VISIT TO BRIDGEWATER...DON'T SEE THESE TWO ENOUGH





                        


                         


                       


                             
                            LOVING OUR VALENTINES


                       

LOVING HER VALENTINE DADDY


VALENTINE DINNER WITH MY HONEY


                           

                             


                            

                             



SPECIAL MEMORY FROM AUNT MAY

                        


                            

                             


                     

                     

OH HOW I LOVE DRAWINGS FROM GEORGIA



                           
                   HAPPY 69TH BIRTHDAY JULIE
                                                                     YUMMY CAKE BILL


                                
WHAT ...ANOTHER SNOW DAY

                               

 OH HOW I MISS SEEING THESE FAB FIVE....PHOTOS FROM A VISIT WITH LAURA

                             

                         





BELIEVE IT OR NOT
I CUT OUT SOME PHOTOS
GRATEFUL FOR MEMORIES
FAMILY AND FRIENDS



3 comments:

  1. I was hoping to see the video, lol! I so appreciated your visit, what a bolster to my spirit. Thank you my friend! Love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures that come through your Instagram and FB... there are never enough pictures... Have a great week Jackie... love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of olivia's picture are cute and funny

    ReplyDelete