Sunday, May 18, 2014

RECHARGED RECHARGED RECHARGED....and then some

 

 

 

 


RECHARGED     RECHARGED     RECHARGED

Aren't these photos of flowers beautiful. I took them on Saturday as I arrived to serve in the Temple. Blossoms were everywhere, and the sun was shining. I entered the Temple to serve the Lord and the people of this Temple district. What an amazing day it was....so many friends at the Temple, and a Spirit like no other. My heart is full of gratitude for all that is given at the Temple.

RECHARGED        RECHARGED      RECHARGED

Now it's Sunday and the day has been such a gift to me.
I attend church every Sunday because I know that I should.
It is an opportunity for me to first; renew my covenants with my Heavenly Father. It is also the opportunity to be taught, and to nurture my Testimony.

Today we were taught about the Plan of Salvation. Not a new topic for me, but certainly one that is of importance. With the restoration of the Gospel we have been given such wonderful knowledge to help us while we are here on earth. This great plan gives us the knowledge of where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. The talks were given by Christian ( former seminary student); Gail ( a dear friend); and Josh ( another sweet friend ). While they each spoke on the same topic, the messages were all encompassing.....knowledgeable, and deep in tune with the spirit. Josh was the concluding speaker and his stories helped remind us of the qualities that we each need....we need to trust, to be humble, to develop a gratitude attitude, and lastly, to be faithful. I wish that I could repeat each of his stories, especially the one about the one armed judo champion. ( He had been trained to only do one move...just one....but he won time and time again. When he won his final match he exclaimed....how did I do that ! His teacher smiled and said the only defense against that move is to hit the left arm ....the one he was missing) Humility!!

RECHARGED        RECHARGED      RECHARGED

I then got to teach my Sunday school class. Now teaching has been my life, but teaching to the adults of the ward can sometimes give me a good case of the butterflies. I feel such a deep love for this assignment from my Father in Heaven, but I often feel so very lacking. My son-in-law, Jeremy and I had a good gospel conversation last night , and he gave me some great encouragement ( and advice)
Today's lesson went very well, so many people shared their thoughts and knowledge. I felt the butterflies fly away, and it just recharged me some more.

RECHARGED        RECHARGED      RECHARGED

Finally I attended Relief Society. Jenny Allred taught today and I didn't think that I had room for much more in this spiritual feast. Jenny is just the best teacher....reminding us of the principles in the scriptures...the IF and the THEN.

I don't want to forget these past few days...and really the past forty years of my life have been such a blessing. 
My only wish is that I could help others receive these same 
gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment