Sunday, May 4, 2014

SIBLINGS

A week or so ago I saw that it was International sibling day. Laura text me for some photos....here are a few that I pulled...


                         Love these two photos....



another favorite






Loved seeing all of these photos...such precious memories

So.... I never posted this post to siblings but after teaching today I know I have more to add to it.

Our class today in Sunday school was entitled, "Beware lest Thou Forget". It was from the book of Deuteronomy, and the last Book of Moses. The Israelites had been wandering in the wilderness for forty years and were about to enter the promised land. Moses knows that he will not be going there with them. In three amazing sermons he speaks to them as a pleading parent. 
As part of the lesson I asked the class if they had but a short time to live, what would they want to say to their family? Of what would they warn them? 
These sort of questions always make me think. Let me first say... I'm not dieing children...well as far as I know. We never really know when our number will be called.

Now Moses shared the following:
1. He gave instructions to help them remember their covenants.(Deut 6:1-9; 11:18-21)
2. He instructed parents to teach their children his words.
3. He reminded them of God's blessings to them(Deut 6:10-12; 8:1-20)
4. He warned them that they will perish if they do not obey God's commandments and remember Him.
5. He counsels them to be mindful of the Rock of their salvation ( Jesus Christ).(Deut 32:1-4,15-18,30-40,45-47)

You know Moses really hit it on the nail.....I would say the same thing exactly !! That's not a cop out...to my children.....I would say examine the covenants that you have made and don't take them lightly. What do you do to honor those covenants ? I am deeply grateful that I have made covenants with my Heavenly Father. Those covenants are my compass in life. They help with so many decisions that I make daily. I only wish that I had been better when I was teaching you as young children ( although I will add that despite my shortcomings I have four amazing children)
A question in the lesson said " What can we do in our homes to remind us of the Lord, his words, and our covenants with him? (Do the pictures on our walls, the books we read, and the movies and television shows we watch remind us of the Lord or do they suggest a longing for the world?)

This is the answer.....
The arrows are Satan's temptations

I also like this quote

I have a testimony of these things. Moses was also speaking to our day and time. I am speaking to my children and my grand children.
We need to love the Lord with our heart and soul.
You are all in my heart, and my prayers daily. You are loved by ME ( and your dad) and your Father in Heaven.
Christ will return, and we have been given his gospel, and his church.
I love you each....Michael, Kathy, Karen and Laura
and
your families.
You mean everything to me.
Thank you for blessing my life, and for being the wonderful adults that you each are. 

"BEWARE LEST THOU FORGET"
AND 
BE KIND TO EACH OTHER.





No comments:

Post a Comment