Friday, February 6, 2015

Dear blog....SORRY

Yes dear blog...SORRY....time is getting away from me as usual !! My Jan blog photos are back logged and I'm feeling like the days are being robbed from me lately.Sometimes it feels like my life is on a runaway train...so much to do....and getting nowhere!

Okay that might sound like a vent but it was purely an expression of where I see myself....slightly out of control !  HOWEVER I will quickly add that I have many wonderful things included in that madness. I have a wonderful life....safe and cosy here in Halifax. I have the best of families, both past present and future. Most especially this month has brought one of my western daughters/granddaughters home and I LOVE HAVING THEM  HERE.  Everyday is full of the best snuggles with precious Sophia, and so much love from Laura. A mother couldn't ask for much more. We have had lots of fun...visiting, playing games, sewing quilts and bibdanis,eating yummy treats  and daily smoothies, We have weathered some snowstorms, made snowmen, and gone sliding. ( yes even Sophia) I've loved watching Sophia grow right before my eyes, and I tear up thinking of her leaving ! We've enjoyed visits with friends and family. We've said goodbye to Francesco ( such a sweetheart from Italy) and welcomed Ren from Japan. Olivia joins us on many days and she has continued to delight us with her ballet, drawings, storytimes and so much more. We loved having Mike, Keah and the girls here ( watching international students come and go) and we've treasured lots of facetime with the Saskatchewan fab five. Karen and Laura have Jessica and Sarah doing a photo a day and that makes my heart smiles.

I have continued to enjoy my times in the scriptures, embracing our Bishop's challenge. I think it was my morning read today that inspired me to get back here to my blog. I was reading from 2 Nephi 11 and deeply appreciated the testimonies of those who wrote and bore witness that they had seen the Savior. While I profess to be a follower of Jesus Christ, somedays I struggle with how the word pulls away from Jesus Christ. I was strengthened today in my belief by the witnesses of these writers. I journaled that,'God proves all his words' and indeed he does. Nephi said...His soul delighteth in proving, covenanting,in the grace,justice, power and mercy of the Lord. Mine does too...and my reading today reminded me of this today. I lastly wrote....WE NEED TO BE A WITNESS....and on that note I'll write that I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. I don't need to see him for myself. I know that the day will come when He will return and all will be fulfilled. I am grateful to know this.

I'll close with a few photos.....oh I've taken soooooooo many !!! 

 

 

















 




My oldest Gdaughter
My youngest Gdaughter




CHEERS EVERYONE
GIVE THANKS TODAY




No comments:

Post a Comment