Friday, February 13, 2015

Roller coaster remembrances

Good morning blog. You made it to my 'to do list' today. As the snow piles higher I'm starting to think that we may never see green grass again. 

Time to make a list of remembrances.....

1. Appreciate the great thoughtfulness on my birthday. Can I really be 64 yrs. old....yes OLD !!
Spent Saturday before my birthday in Bridgewater with Mike, Karen, and Laura and the gang. Mike got called off to basketball so the ladies ( and Ren) went to dinner at Boston Pizza which was really delicious. I even got sung to. Back at Mike's we enjoyed an amazing strawberry cheesecake. I have the best DIL !!! Monday on my actual birthday I treated myself to a face wax,and haircut in the morning, puttered around the house helping Laura get ready for her departure 
( sad part of the day), went for a pedi-manicure with Karen,Laura and Monica, had Thai for dinner and a yummy ice cream cake. A few visitors in to see Laura and more packing :(

2. Did some sewing...bibdanas; heart quilts;and pillowcases.

3.Bid farewell to my Laura and Sophia. I've cried everyday since. 

4. Continued my quest to read my scriptures better. This has been an area of personal revelation for me. More and more the world moves away from the Savior. Many preach that He never was. Many struggle to believe. For the most part this isn't my struggle but when I have some of my moments of depression, Satan sends lots of discouragement my way and I doubt just about everything. Why am I stating this....well actually it relates to reading my scriptures.... the more I read, and with consistency I receive the witness of the truths of the Savior. I am NEVER disappointed when I read. Yesterday after reading I opened a book that I have called
 " Please pass the scriptures...From reading to feasting" by John Hilton III. In a chapter  titled...Why read your scriptures....I liked the following
 acronym to remind me of why I read....
Protection
Easier to feel the Spirit
All things that we should do
Covenants
Easier to feel the Spirit

and that brings us PEACE
Yes the scriptures bring us PEACE. Just felt that I needed to record these feelings.

5. Two funny moments to record: 
.....while visiting at Mike's, Finley headed off to the bathroom. A few minutes later she called for me. When I arrived there didn't seem to be any problem. When asked, Finley said that she needed someone to talk to. It's lonely in the bathroom !!! What a kid
....Second moment has been Olivia's reaction to Sophia leaving. She's looked for her every day, cried for awhile yesterday because she missed her, and then this morning when I was blessing breakfast she told me to whisper so I didn't wake up Sophia. Oh my heart.!! Yes we miss them oh so much!!!!

Time to sign off....just a few quick photos::


Go Patriots!!










 



Miss you Sophia and Laura.


No comments:

Post a Comment