Sunday, February 22, 2015

February oh February

I generally love the month of February. Hey it's my birthday month, Valentines, and generally a pretty good month. Now I don't like to be a negative Nanny but February....enough is enough....so much snow, and ice. Everyday has been something. There that's my February vent. 



Oh I also had  to say good bye to sweet Sophia and daughter Laura...never a pretty occasion. Miss them dearly.

This month has also been my sister Julie's 70th birthday. Her children asked me to organize a celebration for her. I love my sister deeply but a party planner I am not. However I could not let them or her down and a celebration we had. ( I'll leave out the planning part)

The celebration went very well ( I think) The siblings all gathered at Hong's Kitchen for dinner. ( first surprise of the night) That was extra special as we love to get together and it doesn't happen very often. Remember February has been weather challenged BUT Dianne and Bill made it from Cape Breton, Glenn and Joan made it from Bridgewater; Eric made it from work in Moncton, Jack and Bev from Sackville and me from Halifax. Well done family !! Dinner was delicious and the service great. We then headed back to Julie's and the next surprise...a room full of special friends. Before we got to the room we had a big surprise. The morning of the party I felt impressed to message  an old neighbor from our family childhood, Robie Davison. The Davisons were great neighbors, and Robie brought his Mom ( now 95 yrs old) with him. Julie was thrilled to have them, and the rest of the siblings were slightly shocked. The room of friends was welcoming, and indeed the icing on the cake. Julie watched a cool video that her children created, read an awesome list that her children created, did lots of visiting and I think I can safely say....had a great birthday.
The following evening ( despite more snow !!!) the February girls did dinner at Resto Urban Diner...fun to be with Penny, Jane ,Dianne, and Julie

I continue to love the photo memories that I save...and never get to post them all.

Rather than write....enjoy


 


 



 



Love this photo









Pincent wedding








All for now....sweet dreams


1 comment:

  1. Jackie, your sisters birthday looked like so much fun... I am not a party planner either... ;) I don't think I am focused enough...;)

    Also, I am with you about the Winter weather from this February... I seriously cannot handle one more storm... I need to see some pavement so I can go for a long walk... hopefully we can see each other at church next week :)

    ReplyDelete