Sunday, April 19, 2015

I think that I saw Spring

Hello memory....are you still working....haha. Just a little humor. It's Sunday evening and it's been a peaceful day. I got up and headed to the shower to get my body started. After dressing I did one more look over of my Sunday School lesson. Then I spent some time reading my Book of Mormon. 

Here I will speak about reading this great book. I've read it numerous times before, taught it to numerous groups and I must record that it just gets better. Our wise Bishop has encouraged us as a congregation to read and study it this year. I took a new approach and have been writing a journal as I read. This has made me read a little deeper, and maybe slowdown in the process. I have also read with the word 'TESTIFY' on my mind. Hardly a day goes by that I don't find reference or testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ. This reading is increasing my faith in Jesus Christ as the Savior, and is indeed a witness to his life and purpose. I am deeply grateful to the inspiration of our young Bishop.

Off to church, and in to set up for my class. I love how other members come in and jump in to help me set up. Thanks everyone.

Sacrament meeting was delicious today...a spiritual feast as three great talks were given, and the choir treated us to a delightful piece of music. It was then on to Sunday school and while I'm the teacher....I'm sure that I learn the most. The lesson was about Jesus being the light of the world. Indeed he is !! I really love when there is discussion and my students didn't disappoint. I have been incorporating technology into my teaching and I love when it works !! Above all I continue to be thrilled with all that the church makes available for us to learn together.

Relief Society finished off our church time. One of the great things about learning at church is that we all get the opportunity to teach and today was a first time for a young sister. ( Meaghan)  It was such a humbling experience for her and she did a fabulous job. The lesson was about the power of the word !!! A great lesson.

Back home I had some nibbles then settled down for a relaxing read, and oh yes nap. I love Sundays...they are all mine and the best recharge of the week.

Other highlights from the past week....
-got to quilting on Tuesday and with Gail's help I sandwiched two quilts. ( unfortunately my sewing machine ended up at the shop by the end of the week)
-did some visit teaching....always wonderful
-went on a roadtrip with Monica to Avonport...finally!!
-made some cards
-visited with Valerie
-lots of face time with Laura and Sophia ...love love love
-more reading...love Nicholas Sparks books
-Temple.....love being there.
-games night with Bob and Kathy
-lots of Olivia time, and a short visit with Emmy and Finley
and probably lots more.....spring is here....snow is melting.....and life is good.

I also love taking and receiving photos 


 

 
















 


 


 


 






 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment