Monday, June 2, 2014

Emotions....part of the package

Sunday,June 1

Emotions : 
e·mo·tion     iˈmōSHə
  1. noun
    noun: emotion; plural noun: emotions
    1. a natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others.
      "she was attempting to control her emotions"
      synonyms:feeling, sentiment; More
      "she was good at hiding her emotions"
      passion, strength of feeling, warmth of feeling
      "overcome by emotion, she turned away"
      • instinctive or intuitive feeling as distinguished from reasoning or knowledge.
        "responses have to be based on historical insight, not simply on emotion"
        synonyms:instinct, intuition, gut feeling; More


Emotions are a complex part of our very being. I just got out of a refreshing hot shower, all clean and recharged to begin the day. As I dried off I was reflecting on this  great feeling and a wash of other feelings passed before me....lonely, confused, hurt, seeking, tired, rested.....those are only a few from the past twenty four hours.  So many days my emotions direct my every action and that's not always so good.

Yesterday,for instance, I worked at the Temple and it was all the wonderful that it always is. It started off with some stress when a few people called in sick and the scheduling for the day had to make some quick changes. However, Sister Poelman simply picked things up with me, and I knew that we would be fine. The day was amazing....such a spiritual feast in this hallowed House of the Lord. How I love visiting with friends there, and making new friends along the way. How I love feeling the reachings of those who we work for...always so strongly present.  As the day wound down I was happy to see my sister arrive....how I love my family. Being with family in the Temple is just the best of everything.

Now back to emotion. One small thing that I did yesterday ( no detail needed) led to another  person being upset( their emotion) and a negative reaction sent me home in tears. I let it drag me down, and I festered in anger, hurt, and loneliness. I fell to the couch when I returned home and barely moved for several hours. As I was preparing to give up the day and head to the loneliness of my bed....the offended  individual knocked on my door. Hugs and apologies were exchanged,,,and my heart was healed.

Monday June 2

Another twenty four hours have past...I just came in from a ninety minute walk. Yeah for me...I got my chubby self moving. ( another sore spot with me)
 Sunday improved my spiritual emotions. I attended church and heard some very uplifting messages by leadership in our church. I came home and before resting, prepared an early supper for Bill and I. I read for a while and then while watching some 'Heartland' I worked on some craft projects.

So back to emotions....wish that I didn't get my every breath from the emotions within me. Wish that men and women didn't conflict with how they express emotion. Listened to the music from Frozen as I walked today....Let it Go....love that song.....wish that I could 'let it go' better.

Final ramble.....messages from Sunday reminded me that I am a daughter of God who loves me unconditionally, and is always there for me.  Grateful for that reminder, and the many other thoughts shared. Also grateful for the talents of our choir director(s) and the great musical piece that was shared yesterday.

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment