Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Roadtrip

Hi Blog......Not sure what else to call the past four days. Lately I've been feeling the need to have some alone time with my husband...no other commitments....so we packed up and left the country on Thursday. Perhaps a bit extreme...but no phones, drop ins,or again, commitments. Part of me really didn't want to leave over Easter....but there is another part of me that wanted to get away from egg hunts, candy and the bunny. ( not that I have kids at home) I think of all of the holidays the Easter Bunny bothers me the most. I know that I did it for my kids, but the more that I appreciate the true meaning of this day...the more I shake my head to bunnies and gift stuff. What really does the Bunny have to do with it all.

So much for my Easter rants....going away however took me from the spiritual side of Easter....missed the Temple and the church service....BUT I went and it was a good time with my husband. We needed it!!
We drove to Bangor, then on to Merrimack New Hampshire. Bill is a great shopper and loves the shopping adventure. He treated me to some Mardens ( a fabric favorite), then we hit some fun outlets in New Hampshire. We enjoyed some Five Guys, and the Outback Steak house. We did the traditional stop at LL Beans, and I found some great deals !! We tried a new eating place in Freeport called Johnnie Rockets, and it was delicious, and entertaining. We got a new supply of gluten free foods....and headed home on Sunday.
Always good to be home!!!

I took a few corny photos.....and they're a bit mixed up


Leaving Nova Scotia



Arguing with Garmen...and loving a photo text to us from Emmy



 
First stop...Bangor

 

                    Up and on the road by 7am....crazy!!!


 



 

             Return trip from New Hampshire

 

 

 

                           Johnnie Rockets

 








 


 

 


 



 

 

 

 On the way home...already
 


 Long drive, lots of scenery, great weather, rest and relaxation....all with my husband....thanks

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we just need to get away... it can refresh us and give us a new perspective on things. . . . I have been reading everything you write... not commenting as much since I have been really busy.

    I am hoping the spring has finally sprung for sure, I went for a good walk Saturday, I am looking forward to many more. I hope you got a little break while you were away...

    Love you Jackie ♥

    ReplyDelete