Monday, April 7, 2014

Jenny Rocks




Just a mini post full of a big Hooray for Jenny Allred. Your lesson today in Relief Society was amazing!! ( March 23rd)
'The Broken Vessel" by Jeffrey R.Holland  is such a profound talk for our times and you delivered the message from it so well. Thank you so much!!

It's funny that I wrote the above soon after Jenny taught her lesson, a few weeks ago.I was a bit rushed and wanted to find a photo of Jenny to put with it.So I held on to posting it. Since that lesson I have had several emotional challenges which I give thanks to the reminders in that lesson for strength and direction. 

Dealing with depression has been like a dark cloud following me through many years of my life. I have had some very real lows, and this past little while has been especially so. One of the toughest parts of it is being able to verbalize how I am feeling, and to be understood by the one person who can make a difference...my husband. It is my life challenge I know. The talk by Jeffrey R. Holland was a prayer's answer for me and I know many others. I also Know that my Heavenly Father is always there to comfort and bless me. 

I did seek some professional help once again, and I wouldn't have had the strength to do this without Jenny's lesson. Thank you again Jenny.

I love the following quote from David A Bednar...I read it often

"You and I may cry out, "No one understands. No one knows." But the Son of God perfectly knows and understands. He can reach out, touch, and strengthen us."

I believe this with all of my heart. I know that I will be well again, and I give deep heartfelt thanks for the abundance of blessings in my life, most especially very loving children, and many dear and thoughtful friends. You know who you are.

2 comments:

  1. Love you Mom. Just remember that even though Dad doesn't always hear or try to understand you, you have others in your life who do try to be that comforting person in your down time. I am always here for you. You don't need to be alone in your sad times xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspired talk Elder Holland's was. When I was given the teaching assignment, I was pretty nervous and unsure how to navigate through it as depression is something that I'm working through myself. I'm understanding more and more that there is no shame in it. Depression can effect anyone, even the best of us (I'm talking about you, Jackie!) I know that you know this already, but you have supportive friends, devoted family, and a loving Father in Heaven who are there for you always. :)

    ReplyDelete