Saturday, March 29, 2014

DAUGHTERS

Dear Kathy,Karen, Laura and Keah;
         Jessica, Sarah, Georgia, Finley, Emmy, and Olivia

   Oh how I love my daughters. It has been a long day for me; but it has also been a good day for me.I was up very early ( 6am) to go to serve in the Temple. It was an amazing day at the Temple, and my sometimes lacking spirit, was filled beyond measure.
I returned home just before 5pm and I was weary (drat these legs of mine) I could have quite easily curled up with a blanket and slept for the rest of the evening/night.

However, I'm glad that I didn't. Our Relief Society had a dessert gathering preceding the Women's Conference Broadcast. The desserts, and company were fun BUT the broadcast was awesome.

I thought of you each as I watched it. Those who spoke tonight were inspired leaders, called of God. The music was phenomenal and the talks...uplifting, inspiring, and just what more women need to hear. I'm not sure what life might have been like for you tonight, but if you missed it....please try to watch it soon ( LDS.org)

Despite how tired that I am, I had to record the feelings of the spirit that I received tonight. Listening to these talks will help any of us be better women, wives, mothers,sisters and much more. They encouraged us on this journey called life, and reminded us of the covenants that we have made with God. That last part always penetrates my heart because I value my covenants so deeply. I know, I believe that in more deeply recognizing and understanding our covenants, and holding them sacred; the Lord will pour out endless support and blessings in our lives. HE keeps his promises. Value your covenants. Teach your children about covenants.

I am grateful to belong to this amazing church, and to have so many wonderful women in my life. They strengthen me so very much. I'm grateful to have you as my daughters, and while I often feel that I've fallen short in being the best mom to you; I am very proud of the women that you have become. I treasure you each for the righteous choices that you make, and for the great moms that you are. ( and yes Laura...you are on the Mom track and I love the excitement that you have to take on this role)

I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is my light and my strength. His atonement is so sacred, and precious.

Lots of love.....Mom

If anyone else reads this post...value you who you are. Feel free to go to LDS.org and find the link to this wonderful presentation for women...'Women's Conference'

No comments:

Post a Comment