Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lost for words or deep in thought



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL 5 YEAR OLD
COOPER


It's Sunday evening. There is a beautiful sunset happening.I'm feeling somewhat drawn to write on my blog, but I'm a bit confused as to what I am feeling impressed to write about. 

While I wait for deeper understanding, I will record the past few days. I was hopeful that Bill and I might escape the city for a few days ( it being March break). However, mother nature kind of dampened that idea blowing in a winter blast in our driving pathway. I had booked myself off from some usual weekly commitments, and I debated with myself what I would do. A best friend of mine, suggested I remain booked off...so I planned a wee road trip to cover my disappointment.
I often feel that I don't get to see my son and his family near enough( only an hour away, and do able on short notice)  ; so I invited myself down for a sleepover. Despite having other plans ( which they didn't tell me about) they welcomed the idea with lots of LOVE.





I headed down mid-Saturday morning. I took a longer route, ducking into Mahone Bay for some window shopping, and photo taking. Trying to find a more scenic drive I made some wrong turns and the journey took me into the early afternoon. I visited for a few minutes, grabbed the two four year olds and headed off to visit with my sweet brother Glenn, and wife Joan ( equally sweet). The girls enjoyed the drive, singing all the way there and back. They adored the Durnford's cats, delicious snacks, and then we explored cousin Ralph's barnyard to see his chickens much closer, and the horse.


Love my baby brother


Glenn needs Grandkids...he looks terrified ha ha



Giggles at Aunt Joan




 

 



Emmy kept worrying about the farmer catching us taking photos of his tractor !!
After a delicious dinner ( sweet potato soup with corn meal muffins,and salad), some playtime, baths, and stories, I was free to read for a bit until company arrived.Several young couples dropped in for some game time, and despite my protests I was included in some 'Cranium' and then Dutch Blitz. It was a fun evening, and I was more then ready to hit the pillow



Sunday, we were up early to get ready for church. I did a quick photo shoot of my precious girls and then it was off to church. I have to state that the highlight of the meetings was watching my son teach the Gospel Doctrine class. I loved it so much. He had such a wonderful rapport with his class, and he directed the lesson so well. Relief Society was also well done, with a touching lesson by Anna Hirtle.
I visited briefly after church and then headed home. Bill cooked a nice dinner, then headed off for some basketball. 

I have been especially tired since I arrived home. I do a few things and then just need to sleep. I don't like feeling that way, and that's probably where my confused thoughts come from. 
We spoke about Joy and Peace today at church and I know that I have much joy and peace in my life. Something just seems to gnaw at my soul, and I don't know how to calm it down.

Photo shoot:
  

Emmy is sitting in these first shoots...they make her look so short

 

 


 

 


 

 


 


 


 

 


 
 

 


 

 

 


 

 

To close this post...I always love to get photos from my kiddies out west ( and Olivia)
This weekend was Cooper's big number 5
I was happy to have some face time chatter with them early on Saturday morning. Kathy sent me a cute video of Cooper blowing out his candles. I also received this great shot of the Fab Five. Miss them so much!!

This came earlier in the week from Georgia going to a Sparks luau

 

Oh so beautiful



 



and finally



Working on another quilt

Farewell....no other deep thoughts...just tired
to quote a childhood TV star..Maggie Muggins...you never know what will happen tomorrow














1 comment: