Sunday, March 23, 2014

My friend, Dawn


I feel a deep sense of loss today. I am writing this memory to give thanks for knowing Dawn Gerrior Marshall.
Dawn left us today, Mar 23  at the very young age of 62. 
Dawn and I attended elementary,junior and senior high school together. We shared friendships with many other great ladies and in the past few years we had reconnected . In reflecting on Dawn I think of a beautiful lady with a contagious smile, full of fun, and genuine to those who called her friend. She had not been without her trials, most especially a stroke in the past years which had left her not quite as mobile as she would have liked. None the less this challenge did not dampen the spirit of Dawn which was always cheerful, and oh so POSITIVE ! What an amazing example she was to us all.
I was able to have a brief conversation with her a few days ago, and I will cherish those last few moments. She was weak, but full of gratitude. She said that she was trying to reconnect with God. I reminded her that He was there always....and today He has lovingly embraced her.
I will miss you sweet friend.



These photos were taken in Sept 2013 when our friend Carolyn was in town for a visit


No comments:

Post a Comment