Thursday, January 23, 2014

AFTER THE STORM

Winter has returned with a blustery blizzard on Wednesday. Schools were closed and just about everything else! It was great day to be snug indoors, and that's exactly what I did. I stayed in my jammies all day, and did some fun things....worked on my Sunday school lesson, started my 12 Gifts for Christ project (I'm excited to do this each day ), did some computer stuff, read some of my latest Karen Kingsbury book, chatted on the phone, watched some TV, made more cards, and organized my craft room.Here's what yesterday looked like.
                           

Today, Thursday is bright and sunny. Olivia is home with her Daddy today so I got off to a lazy start. 
Our sweet neighbor had snowblowed most of our driveway, so we only had a wee bit to clear the rest of the driveway. Bill headed off to take his Mom to the hospital to visit Grampy.


 I headed to my 12 Gift project and loved my experience today. I studied 'The Living Christ', and  what an inspiring declaration. I hadn't read it in awhile so I was surprised at the many things that it contained. So worth more study. I also added a quote that Monica had shared with me yesterday. I love that we are both doing this project together.
The quote said....

 "....it doesn't matter how I'm living my life today, tomorrow, or on Christmas Day, or how much I remember Him and His birth, if I don't wake up a better person on December 26th. Isn't that what He wants? Not to simply celebrate Jesus' birth on one day but to celebrate His life by living like Him on the other 364. Do we worship the infant for a day, but not the Man and His teachings all year long? Do we put Him away with the decorations OR do we try to be more like Him?"

 From the book "The 13th Day of Christmas" by Jason Wright 

Such an awesome statement. 
So that's half of my Thursday. I have a walk planned and I may get out my sewing machine in a bit
Here's how today looks
                         

                         






No comments:

Post a Comment