Sunday, January 19, 2014

YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK

There is beauty all around us and it's been a treat to experience some of it in the past few days. It has made me appreciate this world created for us. Our Sunday school lesson today was about the Creation, and it was a blessing to teach it . I also enjoyed the wonderful talks in Sacrament , from Jimmy, Ashley and Nathan. What fine people they are, and it was inspiring to hear the words of each of their talks about Repentance. Once again talks like these always remind us of the great Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and all that was done for us.

Karen taught in Relief Society about the Savior in our lives. I love to listen to Karen teach, and there was lots  of great discussion from the class. The phrase....what would Jesus Do was chatted about....and how we would behave if the Savior was sitting beside us. Then Karen said my favorite part of the lesson....she said...wouldn't it be cool to make a good choice and look up and see Jesus give us a thumbs up !! You have to have seen the way that she said it....wished that I had a photo!!! Thanks Karen.


I dropped in to see Grampy after church, and also got to visit with Lil and Lynn . Then it was off to see Aunt May.....how I adore this 101 year old!! She chatted non stop..and always makes me feel so appreciated.

I go to brighten her long day but she always sends me home feeling so worthwhile and appreciated. I will miss her so much when she returns home to God.

The rest of the day has been quiet.....Bill was out and no one else dropped by. The weather turned wet and windy but I made myself go for a thirty five minute walk. When it's said and done I'm glad that I did it. I had a few phone calls, and each was appreciated. Ended the evening with some catching up with Monica. I am grateful for her friendship and honesty.





                        

SUNRISE ON THE JOURNEY TO THE TEMPLE


         We had friends in for Saturday evening, Bob and Kathy. Enjoyed getting to know them, ate way too much snack food, and loved some great Wahoo. While we played a gentle snowfall began to fall.



SATURDAY EVENING SNOWFALL.....SUCH BEAUTIFUL LARGE FLAKES


                        


              

  THE DRIVE TO CHURCH WAS BREATH TAKING.

       I HAD TO TAKE SOME PHOTOS

                         

While life can bring us challenges ( and we ALL have them), appreciating what we have been blessed with, and the beauty all around us certainly has made me have a nice day.




No comments:

Post a Comment