Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Feel the Love

It's been a busy Tuesday. My car has finally gone in for repairs ( to fix my bumper dents....rear-ended by a CAT). There were a few problems when dropping it off so Olivia and I headed to Nanny Logan's house to wait for Bill. With Nanny's toy horse embraced, Olivia enjoyed breakfast and some early morning TV. 


Once the car was all taken care of, we headed home, and then up to the quilters group at the church. Olivia delighted in some great playtime with her preschool buddies and then it was off to home again. Despite the cold, we headed out for a brisk walk...then back for lunch.

Once Olivia was off for her nap and some dinner prep finished, I was treated to a visit with my visiting teachers, Monica and Samantha.

I have wonderful visiting teachers. They faithfully visit each month, and they always come prepared to teach me just what I need to hear. Samantha taught today, and she didn't disappoint. She taught from the scriptures and invited a beautiful spirit into my home. Then I was treated to a special project from Monica. Our message throughout this year is to focus on following the Savior. Christ is truly the example that will guide us along our journey here on earth.
Monica had made up a special gift box based on a book that will help us to draw closer to the Savior. It is called The Twelve Gifts for Christ. Each month we receive a gift and a project that will bring us closer.

January is the Gift of Personal Knowledge. In my gift box was a journal for me to record my scripture findings and feelings as I study more of the Savior. She also gave me a beautiful photo to remind me of Jesus Christ.

With February just around the corner she gave me my second gift...The Gift of Gratitude. I will be studying 3 Nephi 11-30 during February and doing a special 'thank you' activity.

What a great visit we had....and I want to say I am feeling deeply appreciative of them and such a wonderful program as visiting teaching. I wish that all women could have the angels that watch over me. They are a strength, inspiration, and they remind me of the great love that my Father in Heaven has for me.



 












The Merry Christmas photo is a beautiful box that came with this project.....and I look forward to filling it with each monthly gift, and coming to know my Savior better. I know that this will enrich my life, and I again give thanks for these dear sisters.

The day continued....Nanny Logan ( Lil) came for dinner which we enjoyed immensely. We even managed to Face time with almost all of her great grand kiddies ( just missed Jessica). Karen headed off to a yoga class and Olivia and I had some Mermaid time....in the bath and on the big screen !!! Quiet time for her while she waited for mom to return.

I FEEL THE LOVE

1 comment: