Thursday, January 30, 2014

To The Ladies in my Family....the sequel

WALK WITH ME TODAY


                       

                         

                           


I just came in from a beautiful neighborhood walk. As of today, I have walked 45.17 km. since early January. ( Patting myself on the back)I will say here that it was not an easy accomplishment, because I always struggle to get the sneakers on and head off. By the end of the first km. I am always feeling happy that I have done it.

Yesterday I had a man post, so ladies here are my thoughts to my daughters/daughter-in law. and myself. Self reflection is helpful,I hope. My model in my growing up life was my mother. She worked hard; she respected my Dad as the head of the house; she loved us and put us before many of her needs. I can only remember her arguing with Dad once. I remember fearing that they might divorce after that one fight. I don't think that I came very close to my mother's model. I am deeply grateful for the woman that she was.
I won't do a guilt thing here about my short comings as a role model to my daughters. Instead I just want to speak to being a mother and wife.

Wife came first for me, and my husband made me feel like a queen.
He was very patient while waiting for our marriage ( another story).
He worked hard, but it did take him a few years to settle into a career. I remember a time when he was unemployed for several months. It was frustrating for us both. 
Husbands ...need to be successful, need to protect and provide.
I always wanted to stay at home for my children,but I compromised in many ways. I tried to do my best....and enough said.

Motherhood has been wonderful. Thanks Mike,Kathy,Karen and Laura. I got the best children!!

So ladies here are my thoughts to you today. Be grateful for your husbands. Don't hang on to imperfections for very long....just look in the mirror. Be careful that you don't forget him while being the 'mother'. Try hard to have a 'parent'plan so that you work together through those child raising years. Look for the positive.

I had rough days( still do sometimes) as a wife and mother.
I don't have a magic solution for bad days....but I will say that prayer solved many stresses in my life. I also know that being obedient to the Lord has poured an immense amount of blessings in my life.
I have had days when I could have easily quit...everything...but so many times I am reminded in some way that everything worth having takes work, patience, prayer and above all unconditional love.
Note that I used the word unconditional.....
Girls...I never like to see any of you hurting...but you always have the choice to seek the good. When I am having a hard day I look for something happy and I let go of anger.
PLEASE DON'T ARGUE IN FRONT OF YOUR CHILDREN.
and TRY NOT TO RAISE YOUR VOICE,unless there is an emergency, or your being a cheerleader.

I'm really rambling to you all...you who already accomplished so much already.

I'll close by reminding you that you ARE a daughter of Heavenly parents, and a gift to your earthly parents.
I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW.


HAHAHA......My fridge note pad



I wanted to close with this quote ( also on my fridge) 
It says:
IMPERFECT PEOPLE ARE ALL GOD
HAS EVER HAD TO WORK WITH.
THAT MUST BE TERRIBLY
FRUSTRATING TO HIM, BUT HE
DEALS WITH IT.
-Jeffrey R.Holland

Lastly, I need to ask a favor...this is a new blog, and if you read it...please write a short comment...I'm just not sure that the comment section is working.



1 comment: