Monday, January 27, 2014

Busy days for sure

My days are always full. And yes, that's my own doing....for the most part. I've had some really special days and here I am...many days later finally recording my memories....please work brain!!
Last week was of course the return of winter and cold....Olivia was only here at the beginning of the week, and for some of Friday. We had some good walks...I love getting her out in the stroller for the great fresh air. She never complains.



 



Friday evening I finally got to attend an 'Orange Blossom Concert' and it was grand. We have been blessed with some very talented musicians, and singers in this part of the mission. The program was especially for family, and Disney fans

                     

Wish that I been able to take better photos....great program, and amazing music. 

Then came the weekend....Saturday was Temple day....and oh how I love to serve at the Temple. The Lord speaks to us there...spirit to spirit...and there is a peace there like no other peace.
Knowledge is received, and truth revealed.

After the Temple, Bill and I met up with Julie and Bill to head over to the Chickenburger..The place was full of Baby Boomers which was hilarious!!
Got to see Tim and Joanne MacD.. and Kathy Thompson from many years ago. Always fun to connect with friends from the past.
Back home I headed to bed....my batteries were in need of a charge....7pm through to 7am.....I was tired.

Now I have to comment on Sunday. Church was wonderful. The topic was baptism and our youth speaker Annie was good, then my VT, Samantha spoke and her talk was very humbling. Cory M. finished the service with some very inspiring words. My over all inspiration was that each talk reminded me of the promise that I made with the Lord. The event  of  my Baptism was a very significant event in my life. I took on the name of Christ, promised to take on the burdens of others ( service), and lastly promised to keep the commandments. I am very appreciative for the reminders that these fine speakers gave.
Sacrament is followed by Sunday school and I'm grateful to learn together with a fine group of adults. This week I taught the lesson about the fall of Adam.As always...I probably learned the most.We had some great discussion during and after class. One quote really stayed in my thoughts....that to fully understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ we have to first understand the fall.
The fall of Adam and Eve opened the door for us all and how very grateful we should be.
The church morning ended with a wonderful lesson in Relief Society taught by Jenny Allred....it was delightful. She is such a creative teacher !!!

Now there are many who think that's a lot of church...but I have to right now state that my spirit needs recharging all the time, and I headed home full after the great morning that I had at church.

One stop on the way home was with Aunt May. I love this lady, and oh how it saddens my heart that she has so many long, and lonely days. She so wishes that she could still walk, and still be able to be in her cosy home. I wish that I could spend more of my time with her.

Finally home I will confess that I plugged into one of my latest obsessions....Downton Abbey....total relaxing obsession and I so love watching it.

Back to Monday again....some early morning visiting with Olivia today, a trip to the library, and some afternoon reading, and baking. 

Olivia and her new friend Benny



No comments:

Post a Comment