Wednesday, January 29, 2014

To the men in my family and some other ramblings



I feel this great impression to write...but get this...I'm not sure what I should write. It's the middle of the week; we've had yet another snow storm and I've finished another book ( Like Dandelion Dust by Karen Kingsbury). It was my second read of the book because I have such a silly memory. I knew that I had read it but I couldn't remember the ending. It was the book where the little boy, Joey, ended his prayers saying 'Gee This Name' Amen. A tender story on adoption and related to the Bible story of the two women claiming to be the mother of the same child ( 1 Kings)

I think what else has been on my mind is.....understanding the men in my life. I know that I will probably just ramble here....but I just want to shout out to my husband, son, and sons-in-law.
This is really NOT for anyone in particular...you are each so special to me....and my daughters/daughter-in-law. the thoughts expressed are all my own.
 Love the women that you have chosen, no matter what. We are not always easy to understand ( nor are you); but all we want is to feel loved, to hear loving words, to feel support and especially appreciation. None of us understand what is accomplished with the silent treatment....I'm sure that it lets you cool off, think through things....and I do realize that it services that purpose....but I think that you can still speak to me...acknowledge that I'm important and that you are needing some space. You chose me ( or your wife) and you made promises with me and with God. I deeply value those promises and it hurts deeply to have promises broken. Lastly, no one EVER needs to be spoken to harshly, loudly, with foul language, or to intimidate.
SO, that's my ramble....don't text me, email me, but instead hug me, and talk to me.Don't assume ANYTHING.  Be interested in me......and I promise you that you will be blessed with a happier wife. Share your thoughts, and your dreams and be the man that I fell in love with. Be patient, and let's have a wonderful life forever after.

Here are photo flashes from my past few days.....
Quilting clips....
 


 



 
                              Grandma...please read to us



Wintry Wednesday with Olivia

               

                 



                                       A  little TV time                                    
                                 A Little bit scary maybe






                

No comments:

Post a Comment