Monday, January 12, 2015

Day One again

Yesterday, Sunday January 11th was a wonderful day. I love Attending church and always come home strengthened in some way. Yesterday didn't disappoint. It was our ward conference and it was a true spiritual feast. The talks that were given were inspiring and led me to how I started today.

I woke very early today and truly just wanted to roll over and keep sleeping. It wasn't going to happen. I checked the time on my phone and it said go back to sleep. Didn't happen ! I checked Instagram, then facebook and finally said to myself....you know what you're supposed to be doing.!!
I could hear the words of our young and wise Bishop saying Read the Book of Mormon again.

I obeyed and I was fed; truly fed by the Spirit. It is something difficult to explain but oh so amazing.I substituted my name in the first verse, and it made me feel so grateful for my family roots, and it also made me feel deep gratitude for the great blessing that it is to have the knowledge that I have through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  THAT WAS JUST THE FIRST VERSE,

Why do we struggle so much to read and heed the word of God ? I was touched by so very many sweet principles as I read on. It touched me individually and reminded me of the tender mercies that God has poured into my life. It reminded me of the important principles to be faithful, obedient, to diligently seek and to be humble. 

We live in an age where so many marvelous inventions make so many things easy for us...just the touch of a finger tip can connect us to many things...both good and bad. As I read Nephi's words this morning I reflected on how important these records were to him that he worked so hard to preserve them for you and me....no computer help involved !!! How unappreciative we are when we neglect to value our scriptures. They are so very value for us, and a gift from a loving Heavenly Father.

I truly felt a deep desire to record as Nephi did, and to testify to whoever will read that God lives and loves me and you. Life has purpose, and the scriptures have answers. I am deeply grateful too for Jesus Christ who gave us the ultimate gift of his life that we might live and one day return to our first home in Heaven,

Bring on the rest of the day....I'm ready. 
Looking forward to more early morning wake ups !!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie, church was amazing... I was able to get prayers in.. I am working on the scriptures next. I will probably only be a few paragraphs per day... it's a start ♡

    ReplyDelete