Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day three....I too am a parent

What a wonderful time of day to read my scriptures. As I finished ,I looked outside my window and the snow was sparkling . The moon is still out and all is peaceful. It is so beautiful. It seems hard to realize that elsewhere in the world there is so much ugly and depressing.

On to today's reading. Once again we read of the miracles that surround us. The first chapter was about returning to bring Ishmael and his family on this journey. Laman and Lemuel of course have to act up and here comes one of my favorite words....FORGOTTEN....our memories can be so short sometimes....but really they had forgotten the angel visiting already!!! How quickly do we forget the Lord's goodness to us??? Nephi teaches us several principles....the word of the Lord WILL be fulfilled....prayers are answered.....remember to be grateful

Then I read on to chapter 8 and I may have to read it several times....The Vision of the tree of life...or the woes of parenthood. It is never an easy thing being a parent. We love our families oh so much and we want to protect them above all else. It hurts to see them hurt, and to see them suffer. Ultimately we have to allow them to choose for themselves and that is so hard.

Reading this today made me appreciate my family so much. I have been so very blessed with children who love the Lord. They haven't always made perfect choices, but neither have I !! Lehi laments in this chapter when he sees so many fall by the way...WE HEEDED THEM NOT....it breaks my heart.
This life journey can be a simple journey when we HEED the teachings of the Lord BUT we can be distracted and led by others so easily. Satan is alive and well !!

HOLD TO THE ROD.....the IRON ROD....it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment