Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day two....habits are important

We are so often weak in the important habits of life. I KNOW that scripture reading is important; and more especially daily reading. I often start my day with my feet running and have not placed my scripture reading into the routine of my day. I wouldn't miss my meals for the day, or checking on my family, or other important tasks of the day. Why does scripture reading slip from my days....because I'm a slow learner maybe.

So it's day two of my Book of Mormon read and guess what....it has been glorious. I read the 'GO and Do chapters and am reflecting on their message. Here are some thoughts that I wrote as I read ( I think that note taking will strengthen me!!)

-not only was the record important but so was Lehi's genealogy. ( I need to pull up my genealogy skills)
-how well do I accept calls from the Lord ( improvement needed here too)
-the Prophets words matter ( I KNOW that one)
-do I recognize the angels in my life and heed them faithfully
-oh yes....the topic of FAITH is written throughout these chapters ( and many more) that's certainly a life long topic to improve.....but I give it my best
-killing of Laban....talk about pure Faith and being led by the Spirit...that would be tough for me.
- Lehi comforted his murmuring wife....what a guy ( spiritual and sensitive to his wife!!!)....wish I had met a Lehi in my single days....husbands take note.
-gratitude to the Lord in all things
-SEARCH not just read the scriptures and VALUE them
-Nephi chooses God over the things of the world.....a challenge to us all
- scriptures contain things of worth....that's all that Nephi said he planned to include in the record !!

THAT WAS LEARNING just from three chapters. Above the learning, I also started my day with a very peaceful feeling. It was almost like I called 'home' to my Heavenly Father...praying when I read my scriptures adds to my learning, growth and the spirit that is served with this spiritual feast.

I feel ready to meet the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment