Friday, January 16, 2015

Voice of Prophets

When I converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints one of my greatest joys was the fact that once again the Lord had called prophets to the earth again. I had always marvelled at biblical prophets and wished that they were still on the earth. I continue to give thanks for Prophets who lead and direct us. I will state right now that I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's living prophet on the earth today.

My morning read today was the 'voice of prophets' as Nephi wrote his experiences to know and understand the Lord's will for him and his brethren. As a prophet the Lord gave Nephi the knowledge and understanding that he sought 'DILIGENTLY'. I like the visual that comes with the word diligent!
I like the following cross referenced scripture from Doctrine and Covenants 1:37-38

 37 Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled.
 38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

Nephi sought to understand the vision of his father and was also given to know the mission of the Savior Jesus Christ and an understanding of Lehi's vision. His words are powerful, prophetic, and full of great wisdom. Reading today has added to my testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ and my love of prophets. I am deeply grateful for the witness of the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon is true, and indeed another testament  of Jesus Christ.

Many may find it strange that I am blogging my scripture study but it something that I have felt impressed to do. I am also hand writing notes as I read. I am deeply grateful for the wise Bishop that we have who has inspired my studies.                                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment